How do I allow pop-ups or disable pop-up blockers?
Pick your device below and click on your browser to see how to turn on (allow) pop-up windows on your device. The only reason we can think of that you might want to do this is for MAPS Testing. When you are finished with the 4 MAPS test you will probably want to turn pop-ups off again.
Apple Laptops: (Safari / Chrome / Firefox)
Windows Laptops & Tablets (Internet Explorer / Chrome / Firefox)
iPads: (Safari / Chrome )
Android Devices: (Chrome / Opera / Firefox / Dolphin )
- From the Safari menu on the menubar choose Preferences.
- Select the Security tab.
- Uncheck Block pop-up windows.
1. While your browser is open, just click on the Chrome
menu at the top left of your screen. Next, click Preferences
2. A new menu box appears. First, click on Under the Hood
. Next, click on Content settings
3. A new menu box appears. First, click Pop-ups
on the left side Features
list. Then, click the option to Allow all sites to show pop-ups
4. Close the boxes.
- From the Firefox menu, select Preferences.
- From the Preferences window, choose the Content button and then uncheck Block Pop-up Windows.
Windows Laptops and Surface Tablets
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select "Tools" from the main menu
- Select "Pop-up Blocker" from the Tools menu
- Select "Turn Off Pop-up Blocker" (red arrow)
- Open Google Chrome
- Select "Settings" from the Chrome menu
- Select the "Show advanced settings..." link at the bottom of that page
- Select "Content settings..." from the Privacy section
- Select "Do not allow..." radio button from Pop-ups section
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the orange Firefox button in the top left corner.
- Click Options.
- Click on the Content option in the Options window.
- By default, the "Block pop-up windows" option should be checked. Uncheck this option if it is currently checked
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- in the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Pop-ups" section, select "Allow all sites to show pop-ups."
Tap "Safari" in the Settings app and slide the "Block Pop-ups" option to the left to disable the blocker. You'll need to reload the page before the pop-ups appear.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_8112501_turn-popup-blocker-ipad-safari.html
this video gives a tutorial for the ipad
Select the "apps" button from the home screen on Android. Click on "Browser" to open the standard Android browser.
- Hit the menu button after the browser opens. Then, select "Settings" when the menu appears.
Select "Advanced" from the Settings menu. It's located about halfway down the options list.
Check the box labelled "Block pop-ups." This will prevent pop-ups from happening in the browser, even when you travel to a site that normally has them.
Open the Firefox browser if it isn't open already.
Click the Firefox button near the top left of the window; then click "Options" in the list of settings that appears.
Click the "Content" panel in the "Options" window.
Click the "Block pop-up windows" option to place a check in the box beside it.
Click the "OK" button.
- click Menu
- System settings
- Block pop-up windows
- Click on the Menu Button
- In the General tab you shall have a section dedicated to this matter.
- Simply select the "block unwanted pop-ups" option or else and click on OK.